- “Fidelity is to observe the path of friendship and assistance, and to protect the covenants of partners.”1)
- “… fulfill My covenant (which I made with you through your Prophets), so that I fulfill your covenant…” (Al-Baqara, 2:40).
- “… always remember and make mention of Me (when service to Me is due), that I may remember and make mention of you (when judgment and recompense are due) …” (Al-Baqara, 2:152).
- “If you help God (by striving in His cause), He will help you and make your feet firm (so that you are steadfast in His cause and ultimately victorious).” (Muhammad, 47:7).
- “My dear, loyal, and faithful brothers and sisters, and my friends, who are strong and valuable and hardworking and competent in the service of the Qur’an and faith… You are the means of consolation for me in this world, and you have confirmed my high hopes about you. May the Creator be eternally pleased with you, amin.”2)
- “Fidelity means to maintain the faithfulness to God, to be aware of our responsibility and fulfill the requirements, and to cherish attentiveness in proportion to His attentiveness. Loyalty is a matter of friendship. A friend never leaves a friend. The continuation of friendship depends on fidelity.”4)
- “Everyone has a sense of loyalty and fidelity according to their degree of perfection. People respect and wholeheartedly take care of what they value because of their sublime feelings. For example, if a person is loyal and faithful to the cause, thought and dignity of the Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, he or she will respects the trusts he has left, such as his honorable beard or his footprint on a stone. In fact, such reverence is not commanded in the Qur’an or the Sunnah, but all the great people, who are loyal to the Prince of Prophets, peace and blessings be upon him, have acted with such fidelity since the Age of Happiness, and they have always respected and preserved all the trusts left by him, from his footprints to his mantle, from his staff to his honorable beard.”5)
- “Fidelity has certain criteria in its own way, such as loyalty and trust, and fidelity is only fidelity with these criteria. If fidelity means keeping the promise given to God, obeying the covenant given to people; giving the credit of friendship, and being sincere and loyal to all those who treat people with kindness,—in fact, it means all these—people should turn to God and His Messenger, dedicate themselves to the consideration of being pleased with God and pleasing to Him, and be on the doorstep of the gate of The Ultimate Truth and Ever-Constant with the love of serving faith and the Qur’an. Every time they breath, they should say: ‘I have not reached the spiritual deepness yet. I could not become the person I wished. I am still walking in the corridor, and I could not enter the living room. As for the room that is reserved for closeness, it is far away from me,’ and moan with the feeling that they were unable to give their position its due.”6)
- “Fidelity to The Ultimate Truth and Ever-Constant is the only path to rise. Lack of perseverance is the end of fidelity.”7)
- “Fidelity is such a thing that it compensates even a thousand flaws.”8)
- “Once the wooden spoon the Master Bediüzzaman used to use breaks, and one of his students attaches it with a nail. Then someone throws it away and replaces it with another spoon. When he does not find his old spoon, he says, ‘Where is my 30-year-old spoon?’ showing his discomfort. They find the spoon, bring it back to him, and he calms down.”9)
Ali ibn Muhammed es-Seyyid eş-Şerif Cürcani, Tarifat: Arapça-Türkçe Terimler Sözlüğü, tr. Arif Erkan, İstanbul: Bahar Yayınları, 1997, p. 246.
Bediüzzaman Said Nursî, Kastamonu Lâhikası, İstanbul: Şahdamar Yayınları, 2010, p. 5.
M. Fethullah Gülen, Kendi İklimimiz (Prizma-5), İstanbul: Nil Yayınları, 2007, p. 12.
M. Fethullah Gülen, Yol Mülahazaları (Prizma-6), İstanbul: Nil Yayınları, 2007, p. 205.
M. Fethullah Gülen, Fasıldan Fasıla-2, İstanbul: Nil Yayınları, 2008, p. 344.
M. Fethullah Gülen, Fasıldan Fasıla-1, İstanbul: Nil Yayınları, 2008, p. 367.
M. Fethullah Gülen, Fikir Atlası (Fasıldan Fasıla-5), İstanbul: Nil Yayınları, 2011, p. 127.
fidelity.txt · Last modified: 2022/10/08 14:37 by Editor